Please Shut Up
Typical Length: 1 Day
Coaching. The HR buzzword that leaves even top leaders scratching their heads or sprinting to the bookstore to pick up the latest trendy business best seller. Truth is, there’s an opportunity to coach for improvement every day on any team – the only thing missing is an easy, on-the-fly way for your managers to get in and out of the conversation. Never fear! In this session, we’ll give your managers a simple, yet incredibly effective six-step coaching tool they can use anytime they see something that could be improved on an employee’s performance. Better yet, our conversational coaching tool can be used in as little as two minutes. A must have for any company truly seeking to make their managers better coaches.
5 Ways Your Managers Will Grow From This Course:
1. Self-Awareness - Too many of your managers think coaching has to be formal in nature. We’ll help them get past that stereotypical view and see all the opportunities to build relationships through a less formal approach to coaching.
2. The 6-Step coaching tool – We’ll introduce our coaching tool, designed to be memorized easily and then practiced and deployed in the individual personalities of the managers who use it. It’s simple enough to actually be used.
3. Learning when to Shut Up – If there’s one thing confident managers understand, it’s that they don’t need to dominate a coaching conversation. We’ll teach your managers the value of letting the employee drive a bit – as a clear path to better results.
4. Avoiding sidetracks – Our experience shows that when you try and hold an employee accountable, they’ll throw sidetracks to derail you. We’ll show your manager how to recognize sidetracks and get back to the matter at hand – the performance of the employee.
5. Practice at failing – We know that using a coaching tool is one of those things you have to use to get better at – so we’ll give them plenty of repetitions in skill practice while they are with us, increasing the probability they’ll use our tools at work.